Supplement Spotlight: PES Norcodrene
Walk through the “weight-loss” section of any supplement store, and you will quickly notice more than 90 percent of supplements on shelves have one thing in common: lots, and I mean lots, of caffeine. However, like most things in life, more isn’t always better. The truth is, most supplement companies think that overloading the caffeine content in their fat loss products is “better”. Most of them promise users great results, but in the end, consumers are over caffeinated by these pills. Even though the companies know this, they continue to offer these highly caffeinated products. Why? My experience with hundreds of different customers over the years, suggests one answer: people want something they can “feel” working.
That is the exact reason most supplement companies are over caffeinating their products. Don’t get me wrong, the caffeine does help rise your body’s core temperature leading to a surge in energy levels and a higher metabolic rate during exercise, but that does not mean the product is going to help you lose weight. The downfall to any spike is the crash. The crash is where you get a huge surge of energy, only to feel completely flat and tired in a matter of a few hours. In this instance the rise in energy and heat can also lead to a rise in insulin and cortisol, which will actually STOP you from burning fat!
Does this mean I am discrediting highly caffeinated fat loss products? No, not at all. I’ve seen people achieve great results with them, but I have also seen many who have tried them and lost little to no weight at all.
As I mentioned, with highly caffeinated products there is a rise in insulin and cortisol. If you are someone who is “insulin resistant”, these products may cause you a lot more harm than good. For those who are insulin resistant, constant surges of insulin can also lead to continued fat storage. I know this from personal experience. Not knowing any better, I did this to myself for years.
As I also mentioned, the cortisol hormone is affected by highly caffeinated products. When you give your body an overload of caffeine in one serving, it puts a huge stress response on the body. Putting a ton of stress on nervous system and endocrine system results in a trickle-down effect. Too much cortisol can lead to (most times it does) a surge in insulin as well. So those of you who are insulin resistant would be simultaneously hindering two hormones from working at their optimal efficiency. If insulin and cortisol aren’t working right, they are of no use to your body in terms of burning fat.
So if you are looking for a product that won’t send your insulin or cortisol through the roof, Norcodrene from Pescience is right for you!
When Pescience created Norcodrene, they definitely “thought outside the box” per se. Norcodrene is a product that allows you alone to make it as strong as you want it to be. Each capsule of Norcodrene contains only 100 milligrams of caffeine, and one capsule is a serving. In other words, the amount of caffeine in each capsule is only slightly more than the average small cup of coffee. So if you want more caffeine at once just take an extra capsule. If you want to consume your caffeine throughout the day simply take an extra capsule later in the day.
Norcodrene uses multiple pathways to help those wanting to shed fat . Even better, those with cortisol/insulin resistance don’t have to worry whether the caffeine in this product will make matters worse for them. The caffeine in this product is accompanied by the herb Lemon Balm, as well as the amino acid L-Theanine to slow the caffeine absorption, as well as stop a rise in insulin and cortisol. By combining those two ingredients with caffeine, Norcodrene also helps you avoid the dreaded “crash” effect that accompanies most caffeinated products.
But PEScience did not stop there, they added additional awesome ingredients to make Norodrene even better.
• Chromium Picolinate (Chromax®)– 100 milligrams per capsule. Chromium is a trace mineral that helps the body regulate blood sugar, by transporting glucose into the cells where they it can be used for energy. PEScience only uses the patented brand Chromax® for the Chromium Picolinate in this formula proving that the company cuts no corners on using the best ingredients.
• Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)- An herb that has many uses, but its most popular features are its ability to help combat anxiety and insomnia (when used at night). When taken during the day, this herb has been shown to boost mood and concentration. Lastly, along with Chromium Picolinate, Lemon Balm also helps manage blood sugar levels.
• L-Theanine – an amino acid naturally occurring in green/black/white teas. L-Theanine has been gaining popularity lately for its effects on stress reduction, relaxation, and brain enhancing properties. It helps boost alpha wave activity in the brain when combined with caffeine. L-Theanine, along with lemon Balm, helps slow down the rapid energy surge from caffeine, while extending the flow of energy we get from caffeine over a longer period of time.
• Aframomum Melegueta (seed) Extract- Are you ready to kick up the heat and burn some more bodyfat? This herb is now showing up in many fat loss agents. Studies on this herb are showing promising results as a non-stimulating fat loss herb. Aframomum Melegueta has been shown to help the body decrease visceral fat burning more calories during exercise due to an ingredient naturally occurring in Aframomum Melegueta known as 6-paradol.
• Kola Nut Extract – A natural source of caffeine that also acts as a mild diueretic. Kola Nut has also been used historically as a remedy for headaches, rheumatism, whooping cough and asthma.
• Caffeine – 100 milligrams per capsule. Caffeine boosts energy, brain function, metabolic rate, helps mobilize body fat to be burned for energy, and the list goes on. When used in moderate doses, it can be among the best supplements in your fat loss arsenal! As you can see Norcodrene from PEScience is a product that can work for almost anyone looking to lose weight/body fat. From the person who doesn’t want a lot of caffeine, to the people with or without cortisol/insulin issue, and those who have a higher tolerance to caffeine, Norcodrene is here for you. Once you get your bottle of Norcodrene, keep in mind, it can be taken as a stand-alone product or it can be stacked with a caffeine-free product like SHIFT for additional fat loss and metabolism support!
Modern Athletic Health Readers can use promo code MODERN at pescience.com to receive 15% off all orders!
Ricky Seda has been in the supplement retail/health food business for almost ten years. He has managed many stores in the Philadelphia/Tampa Bay area. He is always passionate about making sure each customer gets the care, knowledge, and best supplement for that person’s needs. He has worked with countless brand representatives over the years, to learn everything he can about every product he sells. He can be reached at email@example.com if anyone has a supplement question. He can also be found @rickythesuppsguy via Instagram, and has his own blog site at rickythesuppsguy.com.
Links: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20487577 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25360512 http://www.clevelandclinicwellness.com/Features/Pages/l-theanine-pro-con.aspx http://www.livestrong.com/article/435975-what-is-kola-nut-extract/ http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20050404005607/en/New-Study-Shows-Chromax-Chromium-Picolinate-Absorbed https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7132651 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7369170