Jazz Up Your Chicken for the Holidays!
The holidays are here and you know what that means…food and gatherings with family and friends.
Hosting a dinner party and not sure what to make? Want to keep it healthy but not too plain and bland? Want to make something that will pack flavor and impress your guests without completely blowing your diet and spending hours in the kitchen?
Well then, I've got the perfect recipe for you- STUFFED CHICKEN!
I recently had a dinner party with family and this was a huge hit. The beauty of stuffed chicken is that you can essentially stuff it with just about anything you like – various meats, vegetables, and cheese- and create it to fit your macros/eating habits.
1.Chicken breasts- slice in half horizontally (however do not cut all the way through- leave attached at one end)
2. Pound out chicken breasts slightly to tenderize and flatten
3. Add in stuffing of choice; popular combinations include:
Spinach, roasted red peppers, cheese
Spinach, sundried tomatoes, cheese
Spinach, artichoke, cheese
Broccoli , cheese
(common cheeses: mozzarella, gruyere, goat, gorgonzola, feta)
*Par-cook vegetables prior to stuffing in chicken
4. Close chicken breasts with toothpick to hold in contents
5. Season chicken breasts with seasoning of choice
(I used combo of paprika, adobo, Italian, and onion powder)
6. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for approx 45 minutes
7. Serve with sides of choice and enjoy!